Monday, July 28, 2008

WWII Photos -O.C. Pennington

As I mentioned in a previous post, I hope to start collecting historical information, pictures, drawings and stories of Penningtons who have served in the military. To start this effort, I am posting some photos and some images of a post card sent by O.C. Pennington, my Dad, to his wife, Ida, during his tour of duty in China in WWII.








These images are from a hand drawn cartoon created by one of my Dad's fellow crewmen who served with him on the P-61 Night Fighter Bomber in China. They are shown in the photo of their aircraft. My Dad, O.C. Pennington, is the 2nd from the right. Note the nose art which was created by the same artist who created the post card drawing. The name on the nose of the plane is "Blood & Guts". This relates to the drawing on the post card. More to this story, of course, but I think you get the "picture"!