This is a CALL FOR HELP! We need PRA Members to step forward and fill three (3) vacant positions that are critical to the success of the PRA. Without these positions, the PRA will soon come to a complete stop. NOW is the time to get involved and help the PRA survive.
The positions are:
2. Membership Chair
3. Editor of the Pennington Pedigrees
Each of these positions are Officers and are appointed by the Chairman of the Board with approval of the Board of Directors. Many of our Board Members also serve as Officers but you do not need to be a Board Member to serve as an Officer.
The President and CEO duties include but are not limited to:
1. Chair all meetings of the PRA
2. Prepare the meeting agendas
3. Be the spokesperson for the PRA
4. Work with the Editor of the Pennington Pedigrees to:
- a. Ensure timely printing
- b. With the approval of the Board select the printer based on best quality and price
5. Oversee the business operations of the PRA working with the Chairman and the Treasurer
The Membership Chair duties include but are not limited to:
1. Keep accurate records of members’ payments of annual dues and contributions.
2. Maintain database of members, regular and Honorary, to include:
- a. Name, address, phone, e-mail
- b. Spouse/significant other
- c. Group number and year joined
3. Maintain Libraries mailing list as noted under Depositories
4. Prepare address labels for Pennington Pedigrees and other mailings.
5. Prepare roster of current members.
6. Prepare Dues-Renewal form to be mailed for member renewal the next year.
7. Send New-Member List, List of Contributors to Research Fund and/or Archives Fund to the Editor of Pennington Pedigrees for publication.
8. Send each new member a welcome letter and other items as necessary.
NOTE: We have a membership database as part of our new website that minimizes the amount of time needed to keep the membership records up to date and performs many of the other tasks such as notification of dues renewal and creation of mailing lists data files.
Pennington Pedigrees Editor duties include but are not limited to:
1. Content and publication of the Pennington Pedigrees.
2. Meeting publication dates as established by the Board of Directors.
3. Providing digital copies as designated by the Board.
4. Choose Assistant Editors which may include but are not limited to:
- a. Obituary Database Editor
- b. Associate Editors
NOTE: We now have a Pedigrees Team of PRA volunteers who have worked hard to publish the Pennington Pedigrees. Each Team Member is assigned specific jobs and responsibilities to help with each issue. One of the Team Members is responsible for the assembly process which brings all the articles and sections together to produce a finished publication file that is sent to our printer. We need an Editor to manage the entire process and to solicit material for publication in each issue.
If you are interested in any of these positions, please let me know or you can contact any Board Member or Officer. If you would like more information, please contact me.