Saturday, April 23, 2011

An Outage in the Cloud - Eastman's Online Genealogy Newsletter

A good article to read to help you better understand the “Cloud” when you hear others discussing the advantages.

As Dick points out, if you are using, or considering using, “Cloud” based genealogy software, you use take notice of this outage. 

My advice is to always keep a copy, if not the original, of your genealogy database on your local computer and back it up with an external hard disk drive and/or thumb drive, etc.

I back up my genealogy databases on my local computer and back it up with an external hard disk drive plus I use Carbonite to back up all my data using the Internet.  I’ve learned the hard way after suffering  a couple of computer crashes and after the 1st crash I decided to use all the back up systems and options available to me.

Click the link below to read Dick’s informative article.

An Outage in the Cloud - Eastman's Online Genealogy Newsletter