Sunday, June 05, 2011

New Online Tool uses Google Maps to Show Historical County Boundaries - Eastman's Online Genealogy Newsletter

This looks like a great resource tool!  I don’t know about you but I have experienced the frustration of searching for historical facts only to find later that I was looking in the WRONG county!   My most recent experience was when I was part of our research trip to the NC State Archives in 2009.  I was searching index cards and microfilm for hours before our guide pointed out that the location I was looking for was not part of the current county and in fact was part of another State!

Read Dick’s article for more information about this great tool from Randy Majors.

New Online Tool uses Google Maps to Show Historical County Boundaries - Eastman's Online Genealogy Newsletter