Saturday, September 24, 2011

Ric Blake, Group Leader for Group 26 Has Passed

This morning I received the message below from Diane Blake, Ric's wife, letting us know of Ric's passing. Ric has been in a struggle with cancer for many years and his heroic efforts are well documented.

Ric has made major contributions to the PRA through his research and many important publications.

Ric will be missed. I know you all join me in sending condolences to Diane and her family and friends.


Dear Pennington families,

It is with deep sadness that I am informing you about the death of my dear husband Ric.

I am so sorry that I did have contact with you earlier and it was only by going into Ric's computer last evening that I realized that I had not informed you of his passing.

I know how much Ric held you in such high regard and so enjoyed his correspondence with all of you. I know he has touched so many lives and will be missed by all who knew him.

Sincerely,

Diane Blake

This is a link to the online obituary for Ric, where people can leave messages, memories, etc.

http://www.tributes.com/condolences/leave_memory/92148798