This is a call for nominations for the Board of Directors election that will be held in a few weeks. There are three (3) Board positions whose term of office expires on 12/31/11.
The three Board Members whose terms expire on 12/31/11 are:
1. Richard F. Loy
2. Betsy VanAuker
3. Melinda G. Pennington
The elected persons will serve from 1/1/12 to 12/31/15.
If you would like to nominate a person for a Board of Directors position, please send your nomination to:
Katherine Allman, Vice President at: email@example.com
Gene Pennington, Board Chair and Research Director at: RD1@PenningtonResearch.org
Below is a description of the Board of Director for the PRA.
All Board Members, Officers and volunteers must be a current PRA Member.
Board of Director
The Board of Directors is required by our Articles of Corporation and Bylaws. The Board is charged with the management and oversight of the Corporation. Board Members have a fiduciary and legal responsibility to manage the Corporation according to current statutes.
The position is elected by PRA Members to a 3 year term of office. Each year 3 of our Board Members terms expire so we have a smooth transition each year. While there are no assigned tasks or jobs assigned to any Board Member, many of us do serve as an Officer or in some other volunteer position. We need our Board Members to take an active role helping the PRA meet our goals and objectives.
The position needs a Member who:
- Wants to be a contributing member of our team and is eager to help us succeed.
- Is computer "savvy" and has Internet access (preferably broadband/high speed connection).
- Is able to meet at least twice a year online (we use online meeting software).
- We are required by our bylaws to meet every other year but for financial reasons we've been holding our meetings online.
- Is able to communicate on a regular basis with other PRA Members to keep them informed and ask their opinions about the PRA.
- Is able to work with and communicate with other Board Members, Officers and other volunteers.
- Is willing to aggressively reach out to PRA Members and seek their input.
- Is willing to aggressively reach out to PRA Members and keep them informed of current PRA activities.
To learn more and to read/download the PRA's Bylaws and current policies/procedures, go to: http://www.penningtonresearch.org/About_Us (Note: The Bylaws and current policies/procedures are down the page a little so scroll down the page).