I recently met with Carmen Johnson and Daniel Horowitz, Chief Genealogist at MyHeritage, in separate meetings to discuss our MyHeritage website. I discussed many issues, concerns, settings and “how to” aspects of the website with both Carmen and Daniel. I met with Daniel first and then with Carmen so I could share Daniel’s information, comments and suggestions with her so she could help me decide what step/s to take next.
I’m pleased to share with you that we are moving forward with our original plan but we have modified the dates of the stages. I’ll post the new target dates for the plan in a few days.
The most important changes to our plan are:
· The PRA will keep our Members-only website hosted by MyFamily.com until it expires or is closed by MyFamily.com – Note: The current subscription will expire in March 2015.
· The PRA will continue to use our Ancestry.com family tree software connected to our family trees which are linked to our MyFamily.com website.
· The PRA will “turn on” our MyHeritage website using the features and settings suggested by Daniel and Carmen and myself. These features and settings are now working and have resulted in some very interesting things (I’ll discuss more later in a new message).
· The PRA will continue to move forward with our plan but modify the target dates for the stages. These new dates will be posted later.
· Carmen and I agreed we should have two (2) more system administrators to help the current three (3) admins. This will give us a total of five (5) system administrators. After going through all the features and settings, we believe having five (5) system administrators will help make the tasks associated with the “smart matches” and “record matches” easier and spread the work so not any one person is over loaded.
· Note: As of April 13, 2014, we now have five (5) site managers.
· Carmen and I agreed that PRA Members who join our MyHeritage website will be allowed to upload their own family tree (gedcom file) to the PRA’s MyHeritage website. They will be responsible for managing any “smart matches” and “record matches” for their personal family tree/s. This is in keeping with the plan approved by the Board.
There are a couple of other things we discussed but we are waiting a few more days for answers to questions we raised before we announce any other changes.
I look forward to your help, comments and suggestions.