Wednesday, January 14, 2015

New Online Magazine for PRA on Flipboard

The PRA has joined Flipboard with it’s own online magazine.  Flipboard is a single place to discover, collect and share all the news you care about.  I’ve used Flipboard for over a year now and love it.  I have it installed on my Android phone and tablet.  I have it setup to feed my Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, PRA public blog, Google + and several genealogy and technology magazines.  It’s an easy way to quickly review many of my news sources without having to change website or jump from app to app.

With our recent decision to discontinue publishing the Pennington Pedigrees and switch to a newsletter format, I decided to experiment with Flipboard as a way to publish information of interest and of value to Pennington researchers.

I’m excited to announce the PRA has created it’s own news magazine on Flipboard as a way to help keep our readers up to date on the latest Pennington research, genealogy websites, genealogy news, and genealogy software to help your research as well as tips and tricks on genealogy research and computers. 

We have two contributors, myself and Carmen Johnson and presently have 38 viewers.  One of the great features of having your own Flipboard magazine is you can invite others to be contributors so they can publish their articles or share articles with our readers.  It is easy and simple to setup, read and share.

Flipboard works on all smart phones and tablets including iPhones, iPads, Android phones and tables.

You can download the Flipboard app for free by visiting their website at https://about.flipboard.com/ and clicking on one of the icons that represents your device and operating system.

Once you have it installed, search for Pennington Research Association and add us to your magazines you wish to follow.

Let me know what you think.

To learn more about Flipboard, visit https://about.flipboard.com/.